MYOB businesSUPPORT Terms & Conditions
The following terms and conditions apply to all purchases that
include a MYOB businesSUPPORT membership. Terms, conditions,
membership entitlements, pricing, support services and availability
are subject to change.
A MYOB businesSUPPORT membership can be purchased for any of the AccountRight range of products, Cashbook, AccountEdge, Payroll, RetailBasics, RetailReady, RetailManager, RetailHospitality & RetailEnterprise. MYOB businesSUPPORT provides a range of exclusive benefits and discounts including free software updates and access to MYOB Technical Support.
MYOB businesSUPPORT entitlements only apply to the specific MYOB product serial number for which the membership has been purchased. All benefits provided as part of a businesSUPPORT membership are only available while there is an active, paid up membership in place.
MYOB businesSUPPORT can be purchased as either an annual one-off membership or as a subscription based membership with a recurring monthly or annual payment plan.
An annual one-off MYOB businesSUPPORT membership will commence from the date of purchase and continue for a full 12 month period, expiring on the same day of the month in 12 months time. Once a membership has commenced it cannot be cancelled and refunds are not provided.
We will provide you with a renewal reminder notice prior to the expiry date of your membership. If you renew your membership, by paying the renewal fee prior to or up to 30 days after the expiry date, you will maintain continuity of your membership benefits and your annual renewal date will remain unchanged.
If you do not renew your membership within 30 days of the expiry date, you will lose continuity of benefits and will be required to commence a new MYOB businesSUPPORT membership.
Subscription Based Memberships
A subscription based MYOB businesSUPPORT membership will commence from the date of purchase and will continue until you notify us in writing that you wish to cancel your subscription based membership.
MYOB businesSUPPORT subscription based memberships are for a minimum period of 12 months. If you wish to cancel your subscription based membership before the end of the initial 12 month period you are still required to pay the balance outstanding for the remainder of the 12 month period.
MYOB businesSUPPORT subscription based memberships may be cancelled after the initial 12 month period, by advising us at least 14 days prior to the next scheduled monthly, quarterly or annual recurring payment. Once a recurring payment has been processed we are unable to provide a refund. To cancel your subscription based membership you should contact MYOB Customer Service via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 0800 60 69 62.
Recurring payments for MYOB businesSUPPORT subscription based memberships are processed as follows:
- Monthly Subscriptions – on the first working day of each month.
- Quarterly Subscriptions – on the first working day of January, April, July & October.
- Annual Subscriptions – on the first working day of the month in which the annual subscription membership originally commenced.
The first payment for your subscription membership will be pro-rated for the remaining days prior to the next recurring payment due date as shown above. See below for a further explanation:
- Monthly Subscriptions - the full monthly payment will be pro-rated for the remaining days in the current month. Subsequent recurring payments will then be processed on the first working day of the following month. For example, if you purchase your subscription on the 10th of April, your first payment will cover the remaining 20 days of the month. The next payment will be processed on the 1st May for the full monthly amount and then monthly thereafter.
- Quarterly Subscriptions – the full quarterly payment will be pro-rated for the remaining days in the current quarterly period. Subsequent payments will then be processed on the 1st day of the next quarterly period in either January, April, July or September. For example, if you purchase your subscription on the 10th April, your first payment will cover the remaining 20 days of April plus May and June. The next payment will be processed on the 1st July for the full quarterly amount and then quarterly thereafter.
- Annual Subscriptions – the full annual payment will be pro-rated for the remaining days in the current months plus the next 11 months. Subsequent payments will be processed on the 1st day of the next annual period. For example, if you purchase your subscription on the 10th of April, your first payment will cover the 20 days in April plus May through to March. The next payment will be processed on the 1st April for the full annual amount and annually thereafter.
Prices for MYOB businesSUPPORT subscription based memberships are subject to change at any time after the initial 12 month period. We will provide you 30 days advance notice of any pricing changes and your recurring payment will be adjusted to reflect any change in pricing from the date specified in the notice.
In the event that there is a default with any of your recurring payments your membership entitlements will be suspended until payment is made. If outstanding payments are not brought up to date in an acceptable time period, your membership will be cancelled.
MYOB businesSUPPORT subscription based memberships are also subject to the Paperless Direct Debit Authority terms if recurring payments are being debited from a Bank Account or the Credit Card Direct Debit Terms & Conditions if recurring payments are being debited from a Credit Card.
MYOB Technical Support
MYOB businesSUPPORT provides an entitlement to Technical Support for your product and can be accessed via phone, Live Chat or Online. This entitlement will be available as long as you have an active MYOB businesSUPPORT membership for your specific product serial number and all recurring payments for subscription based memberships are up to date.
For telephone based support we reserve the right to limit each telephone call to half an hour and to limit each call to a single support request or question. We may also limit or terminate telephone support entitlements if you use the service in an excessive, abusive or fraudulent manner.
Availability of Technical Support services may deviate from published support hours due to downtime for systems and server maintenance and observed Australian or New Zealand public holidays. You may also experience longer than expected delays in having one of our technical support consultants’ answer your query. As technical support demands fluctuate, especially during the end of tax year period, so too will response times.
Technical Support enquiries are limited to the following areas: installation, upgrade assistance, basic usability and functionality, as described in the relevant product user guides and related documentation. We are unable to provide assistance with general accounting or taxation advice, or application consulting or training on how to use your MYOB product. The determination of the nature of your query for these purposes will be made by our technical support consultants.
Additionally, we do not claim to be able to resolve technical issues that are specific to your local hardware or operating environment, including networking or connectivity problems, integration with third-party products or service providers.
For all MYOB software products MYOB businesSUPPORT membership includes an entitlement to software upgrades without charge.
Software upgrades will be made available provided you have an active MYOB businesSUPPORT membership for the specific product serial number and all recurring payments for subscription based memberships are up to date.
For subscription based memberships, if we provide you with a software upgrade within your initial 12 month term and there is a subsequent default with your recurring payments with more than 3 months remaining in that minimum term, and your membership is cancelled by us, we reserve the right to request that the software upgrade be returned and your software reverted back to the previous version.
MYOB makes no commitment to release new software updates and there are no scheduled dates for compliance updates or new feature releases. Software upgrades, when released, will generally be available as a download via your product or from the MYOB web site. Should you require a disk copy to be sent a shipping and handling fee will be charged.
Effective: 1 September 2011