To be eligible to become an MYOB Approved Partner, you must employ
at least one staff member who is currently an MYOB Certified
MYOB Certified Consultants need to demonstrate they have the skills and work experience necessary to meet the needs of our clients. They can do this my meeting the following criteria:
- A high level of proficiency using MYOB software, including payroll, time billing and inventory management.
- Practical experience installing and supporting MYOB software.
- A thorough working knowledge of bookkeeping and/or accounting to assist users in structuring and customising MYOB software
- A thorough understanding of the Apple Macintosh and/or Microsoft Windows operating systems, including file management, backup, restoring and email and internet usage.
- Knowledge of other applications used with MYOB software, such as Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word, would also be an advantage.
Application process and costs
Become an MYOB Certified Consultant in four easy steps:
Step 1: Register your interest
MYOB will then contact you closer to the commencement of the entrance assessment to assist you with booking in and to ensure you don't miss out.
Step 2: Complete Entrance Assessment
You must pass an online assessment. The assessment is generally available over a two week period and is an open book multiple choice questionnaire which relies on a case study that must be completed beforehand. The assessment fee is $99 excluding GST, and you are required to get 80 percent correct to proceed to the next stage.
Step 3: Attend a two day MYOB CC Induction Course
If successful in the Entrance Assessment, you will be invited to attend a two day MYOB Certified Consultant Induction Course. This course is held in Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch at various times through the year. The cost for attending the course is $495 ex. GST.
Inductions course details:
|Auckland||1st & 2nd February 2017|
|Auckland||18th & 19th April 2017|
To book your induction course, contact
the partner team on 0800 69 62 27 or email
This comprehensive two day induction course covers the following topics:
- Consulting the MYOB way
- Advanced MYOB Business management software hints, tips and skills
- New features of MYOB AccountRight
- Overview of MYOB's products and services
- Partner specific communication tools
- Partner Relationship Induction
- Marketing your business
Step 4 : Take up membership
Upon completion of your induction, you
can start practicing as an MYOB Certified Consultant and put
yourself out in front. Shortly after successfully passing your
Entrance Assessment and attending the Induction Course, MYOB will
send you the tools and resources you need. There is an ongoing
membership fee of $62.22 excluding GST.
For further information, please call 0800 69 62 27 or email email@example.com
Membership renewal assessment & payment - retain your qualification in your professional field and continue to provide a high level of service to your clients whilst staying connected with New Zealand’s number one business management software range - MYOB.
All MYOB Certified Consultant memberships are up for renewal each year, which currently entails successfully completing a renewal assessment in November, to remain certified.