Skip to content

Changing or deleting a pay

How you fix a payroll mistake depends on your scenario.

If you've paid an employee the wrong amount, you can adjust their next pay to make up for it. For example, if you underpaid an employee $100, just increase their next pay by $100.

Or, if the employee hasn't been paid yet, you can simply delete the pay and do it again.

Add a note to the employee record about pay changes

Use the Notes field in an employee's record to add information about any changes you make to their pay (Payroll > Employees > click the employee > Personal tab > Notes).