Skip to content

Recording IRD payments and credits

Once you have completed your end of period reporting requirements, you need to record the payment owing to the Inland Revenue (IRD) or the credit you will receive from them. This topic provides guidelines on recording this transaction, and if you need clarification it's best to speak to your accounting advisor or the IRD.

Using bank feeds? When your IRD payment or credit transaction comes through in the bank feed, match it to the applicable transaction (if you've already recorded the transaction). Otherwise you can allocate it to the applicable accounts.