Skip to content

Enter end-of-year adjustments

Your accountant is likely to provide you with a number of adjustments that will need to be entered in your company file as journal transactions. If the adjustments have been provided on paper, you can manually enter them in the Record Journal Entry window.

If you send information to your accountant using the Send to Accountant feature (see Provide information to your accountant), you can import the adjusting journal entries your accountant sends you. Make sure your accountant has sent you the journal adjustment file as a text file with a .txt extension. For more information about importing journal entries, see Importing data.

Need to enter an adjustment in the previous financial year? If you've closed the year, you'll need to roll back the year first. See Transacting in closed financial years.

End-of-year adjustment FAQs