Report Security Vulnerability
MYOB is committed to resolving any issues that may compromise the security of our products and services as quickly as possible. We take security vulnerabilities very seriously and protecting client data is one of our top priorities.
If you have discovered a security vulnerability, we would appreciate if you could keep your findings strictly confidential and disclose the relevant information to us in a responsible manner, as described below.
How to report a security vulnerability?
If you think you’ve found a security vulnerability in MYOB products, services or online platforms, please contact us immediately via email and encrypt your report with our PGP key below:
Email contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
PGP Key: 702A28D9
Fingerprint: 0304 AA70 BFEC 40C8 75F0 BBD4 2A40 D90B 702A 28D9
What to include in the report?
Please provide as much detail as possible. In particular, we would appreciate the following:
- An explanation of the security vulnerability
- A list of the products and services that may be affected (versions where applicable)
- Steps to reproduce the vulnerability
- Proof-of-Concept code or software
- Test accounts you have created
- URLs, IP addresses or infrastructure associated with the vulnerability (if relevant)
- Your contact information, such as your organisation and contact name for ongoing communication
Please also advise if you have communicated the vulnerability to CERT or other parties and provide us with any reference numbers.
Rules of engagement
Please do not:
- Take advantage of a security vulnerability
- Access, delete or modify MYOB or client data
- Publicly disclose a vulnerability until it has been resolved
- Download more data than necessary to demonstrate a vulnerability
- Attempt to break into client accounts
- Ask for compensation for your report
- Use Social Engineering, Denial of Service or Phishing attacks
Please maintain confidentiality and do not make your research public until we have completed our investigation and implemented patches or other mitigations.
The MYOB security team will endeavour to contact you within 72 hours of you reporting the security vulnerability and keep you informed on our progress towards resolving the vulnerability. We will notify you when the security vulnerability has been patched or mitigated, and add your name to our acknowledgments page if your vulnerability is valid.
Acknowledgments to Security Researchers
MYOB thanks all security researchers and professionals that help improve the security of MYOB products and services through our responsible disclosure program:
- Isaac Kristof
- Mahad Ahmed Siddiqui
- Ketankumar B. Godhani
- Cody Zacharias
- Eliot Jacobs
- Mohammed Israil
- Sergius Low Jun
- Li Chaohan (Bon)
- Teoh Tze Jun
- Chirag Gupta
- Muhammad Qasim
- Ifrah Iman
- Guhan Raja.L
- Shwetabh Suman
- Aniket Surwade
- Vyshnav NK
- Steven Hampton
- Fabio Pires
- Francesco Mifsud
- Abdelali Khalfi
- Harika Naidu
- Samet ŞAHİN