Skip to content

Fixing a payroll overpayment or underpayment

AccountRight Plus and Premier only

If you've paid an employee too much, check the Fair Work requirements on overpayments. If the employee agrees, you can adjust their next pay to cater for an overpaid amount.

For an underpayment, you can:

  • adjust the employee's next pay, or

  • process a separate pay for the adjustment.

If an employee is owed money due to a wage increase, see back pay.

Using Single Touch Payroll?

Only year to date (YTD) amounts are sent to the ATO as part of Single Touch Payroll reporting. If your pay adjustment affects YTD amounts, the updated amounts will be sent with your next pay run.