Skip to content

Fixing an ETP

If you need to adjust an employee's Employment Termination Payment (ETP) that you've reported to the ATO, you'll need to reverse the incorrect ETP pay and record the ETP again with the correct details. This ensures the changes are submitted correctly to the ATO.

You can't adjust ETP Taxable and ETP Tax Free amounts by using negative values in a pay. Similarly, you can't adjust the ETP Tax Withheld using a positive number.

Before you can record the adjusted ETP pay for the employee, there might be some additional things you need to do. For example, if you've added a termination date to their employee contact record, you'll need to remove it. Also, if you've finalised the employee you'll need to undo their finalisation.

To fix an ETP