Direct Debit Terms and Conditions - Australia
1. About these Terms and Conditions
1.1 This document contains the direct debit authority terms and conditions (Terms) that apply to you if you purchase any MYOB subscription-based product or membership service which requires recurring payments from your bank account or credit card. Please read these Terms carefully.
1.2 In these Terms “we” “us” “our” and “MYOB” means MYOB Australia Pty Ltd ABN 13 086 760 198 of Level 3, 168 Cremorne Street, Cremorne VIC 3132.
1.4 We may update these Terms from time to time. If the changes impact you adversely, we will provide you with at least 10 days’ notice in writing. In the event of changes to your direct debit payment terms (i.e. changes to the date your direct debit will occur), we will provide at least 20 days’ notice (see section 2 for more details).
1.5 Notices under these Terms will be issued by email or by us posting a notification on our website (www.myob.com) and will be regarded as given and received:
· if the notice is issued by email, at the time that the message was sent by the sender (unless the sender receives a delivery failure notification indicating that the email has not been delivered to the addressee); or
· if the notice is posted on our website when the posting is made. We recommend that you regularly check our website for notices and other communications.
2.1 By selecting the “direct debit” or “credit card” payment type and clicking “Next” you:
• acknowledge that you are authorised to establish this direct debit authority request and, if debiting a joint account, you confirm that all the authorised signatories have authorised the establishment of this direct debit request;
• understand and accept your commitments and responsibilities under this direct debit request service agreement set out in this section 2;
• authorise MYOB Australia Pty Ltd (User ID 184111) to debit funds from your nominated credit card or bank account through Bank Electronic Clearing System (BECS) for:
- periodic payments for all contracts and/or products and services with variable or recurring charges (Periodic Payments); and
- one off Payments where credit card or direct debit has been selected as the payment method (One Off Payments).
2.3 A tax invoice confirming the amount of the payment will be issued to you within 1–3 working days of:
• Periodic Payments – the start of a month in which a payment will be made by you.
• One Off Payments – your order being accepted and processed.
2.4 We will arrange for funds to be debited from your nominated account, as authorised by you, on the direct debit date shown on your invoices. In most cases, MYOB offers 7-day payment terms, meaning that the direct debit will occur 7 days after receipt of your invoice. If the direct debit date falls on a non– working day or public holiday the payment will be processed on the next working day. If you are uncertain as to when the debit will be processed, please enquire directly with your financial institution.
2.5 We will advise you of any changes to your debit arrangements at least 20 days in advance.
2.6 It is your responsibility to ensure that you have sufficient funds available in your nominated bank account to cover your periodic payments and that your credit card or bank account details are correct.
2.7 Direct debiting through BECS is not available on all bank accounts. If you are paying by direct debit from your bank account, it is your responsibility to ensure that your bank account can accept direct debits (your financial institution can confirm this). You should also check your bank account details with your financial institution before completing the direct debit request.
2.8 We will notify you by email if you default on a payment. It is then your responsibility to arrange for an alternative payment to be made to us within five (5) working days of the original due date.
2.9 If we do not receive an alternative payment from you within five (5) working days, we may list your payment default with credit reporting agencies. Defaults are listed for a period of five (5) years and may have an adverse effect on your credit rating.
2.10 We may suspend your account, subscription or membership until any outstanding payments have been made. You may also be charged a dishonour fee to cover administration costs for the collection of any defaulting payment under this agreement.
2.11 If you believe that there has been an error in debiting your credit card or bank account you should immediately contact our Accounts Team by phone on 03 9222 9782 or via email at email@example.com so that we can resolve your query promptly.
2.12 If we conclude, as a result of our investigations, that your credit card or bank account has been incorrectly debited, we will arrange a refund of the amount due to you. If we conclude that your account has been debited correctly, we will let you know and provide evidence of our findings.
2.14 This direct debit authority permits us to change the amount debited from your account, by providing you with least 20 days’ notice, to reflect any change to prices for the products and/or services that relate to your direct debit authority. It also permits us to change the amount debited or charged to cover any increases in amounts payable arising from the purchase of additional products by you from time to time, with at least 20 days’ notice.
2.15 Changing or cancelling your payment arrangements – If you wish to defer or alter any payment arrangements, stop an individual payment item, or cancel a payment authority please contact our Accounts Team by phone on 03 9222 9782 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated November 2021