How can I be a great employer?
Understanding how to make the most of each stage of the employment process will help you successfully begin, manage and end employment relationships, as well as attract and retain the right kind of people.
The following information covers all stages of the employment process, to help you meet your employer obligations.
- What is PAYE?
- What do I pay an employee who works on a public holiday?
- What are employees sick leave entitlements?
- Whats the difference between holiday pay and annual leave?
- How do I calculate leave?
- How do I pay bonuses?
- How do I deal with employee leave requests if they have no entitlements?
- What are maternity leave obligations?
- Do employees need to provide a doctor certificate for sick leave?
Meet your employer obligations
Being a great employer starts with understanding what your obligations are and it is your responsibility to ensure that all your employees are being taxed accordingly.
It’s important to have a good payroll system, like MYOB Essentials Payroll, that automates compliance for you by keeping you up to date with the latest IRD tax changes including ACC, KiwiSaver and Student Loan rates.
It also takes the hassle out of running pay runs by automating payroll compliance, meeting your record keeping requirements and of course keeping your employees happy.
For more information to assist you with each stage of the employment lifecycle,
download our FREE Essential Employer Guide.
Trust the team whose software is used to pay over 30% of the NZ workforce.