How to write a business plan
At MYOB, we've helped millions of Australian and New Zealand businesses grow. Now it's time we helped you.
Writing a business plan can seem like a daunting task. One that you feel might take days to complete. Even though you’re busy, you know it’s an important step in your business journey.
The best way to set yourself up for success and for taking on potential business partners is to take some creative time to outline where your business is right now, how you want it to grow and what’s your plan for getting there. That's where we come in.
Maybe you don’t know where to start and the whole process feels quite overwhelming to you. But don’t worry: we’ll break it down into digestible chunks of information and be with you every step of the way.
In this seven-part series, we’re going to take you from “What do I put in my business plan” all the way to “Heck yeah, I’ve got a kick-arse plan now let’s get this party started!”
Here's what you'll learn throughout the course:
- What a business plan looks like
- What to include in each of the sections (eg. marketing, industry, products and services and executive summary)
- Why it’s important to write it with an investor or business partner in mind
- Why you need to include an exit strategy in your operations plan
- The ins and outs of all things money for your finance section
- The best ways to present your business plan so you don’t bore the reader
- And much more!
If you're wondering how to write a business plan or you’ve already started but need more structure to get it done, this course is for you. Let's work together!