Enjoy some tax time peace of mind
Everything you need to know to stay ATO compliant
Your EOFY Calendar
Check out all the important tax time dates so you can stay on top of things
See the forest for the trees
Today is the International Day Of Forests. Every year, the planet loses more than 13 million hectares of forests. That's roughly the size of England! Go spend some time in a forest after you look at your checklist.
- Lodge and pay February 2020 monthly business activity statement
First quarter is finished!
Wow, a quarter of 2020 is already over! Did that go fast? Before you start Q2, make sure all the things on this checklist that apply to you are taken care of.
- Lodge tax return for companies and super funds with total income of more than $2 million in the latest year lodged (excluding large/medium taxpayers), unless the return was due earlier.
- Lodge tax return for the head company of a consolidated group (excluding large/medium), with a member who had a total income in excess of $2 million in their latest year lodged, unless the return was due earlier.
- Lodge tax return for individuals and trusts whose latest return resulted in a tax liability of $20,000 or more, excluding large/medium trusts.
Don't just be a passenger
Today is Iggy Pop's birthday! You might think you'll get bored by lodging your forms today but there's no need to be a stooge. Making sure you do it will give your business the raw power it needs!
- Lodge and pay quarter 3, 2019–20 PAYG instalment activity statement for head companies of consolidated groups.
- Lodge and pay March 2020 monthly business activity statement.
One month until Winter!
Unless you live in Queensland, you'll be getting ready for another change of season! But before you get your coats and scarves out of the cupboard, make sure you check your to-do list
- Lodge and pay quarter 3, 2019–20 activity statement if electing to receive and lodge by paper and not an active STP reporter.
- Pay quarter 3, 2019–20 instalment notice (form R, S or T). Lodge the notice only if you are varying the instalment amount.
- Make super guarantee contributions for quarter 3, 2019–20 to the funds by this date.
- Employers who do not pay minimum super contributions for quarter 3 by this date must pay the super guarantee charge and lodge a Superannuation guarantee charge statement – quarterly (NAT 9599) by 28 May 2020.
Straight, no chaser
Today is International Jazz Day! Take a look at your checklist and while you're listening to Thelonious Monk or maybe some Duke Ellington, lodge those important forms.
- Lodge TFN report for closely held trusts if any beneficiary quoted their TFN to a trustee in quarter 3, 2019–20.
- Lodge lost members report for the period 1 July 2019 to 31 December 2019.
Don't be a clown
On this day in 1940, a small fast-food outlet by the name of McDonald's opened its first restaurant in California. We're not sure if they went on to big success but your business can by checking today's list.
- Lodge 2019 tax returns for all entities that did not have to lodge earlier (including all remaining consolidated groups), and are not eligible for the 5 June concession.
- Due date for companies and super funds to pay if required.
- Note: Individuals and trusts in this category pay as advised on their notice of assessment.
Be the first at something
On this day in 1932, Amelia Earhart became the first woman to fly solo across the Atlantic Ocean. Be the first to check your list today (not quite as impressive, but we can't all be as amazing as Amelia).
- Lodge and pay April 2020 monthly business activity statement.
- Final date to add new FBT clients to your client list to ensure they receive the lodgment and payment concessions for their fringe benefits tax returns.
- Lodge and pay Fringe benefits tax annual return if lodging by paper.
Get a little help from your friends
Back in 1967, The Beatles released Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band - their highly influential 8th album. Make sure you do your checklist today so you can feel good about your business when you're sixty-four.
- Lodge and pay eligible quarter 3, 2019–20 activity statements if you or your client have elected to receive and lodge electronically.
Time for winter
2020 is going fast! Get out your extra blankets and light those cozy fires because winter starts next week! Oh, and take a look at your checklist.
- Pay Fringe benefits tax annual return if lodging electronically.
- Lodge and pay quarter 3, 2019–20 Superannuation guarantee charge statement – quarterly (NAT 9599) if the employer did not pay enough contributions on time.
It's World Environment Day!
Every year on this day, the United Nations encourages awareness of environmental issues like marine pollution, climate change, overpopulation and sustainability. Find a way to do your part with your business!
- Lodge tax return for all entities with a lodgment due date of 15 May 2020 if the tax return is not required earlier and both of the following criteria are met:
- non-taxable or a credit assessment in latest year lodged
- non-taxable or receiving a credit assessment in the current year
- Lodge tax returns due for individuals and trusts with a lodgment due date of 15 May 2020 provided they also pay any liability due by this date.
A day of two moons
On this day in 2006, NASA officially named two of Pluto's new moons - Nix and Hydra - after the goddess of darkness and the nine-headed serpent in Greek mythology. We hope your business name is as cool as those.
- Lodge and pay May 2020 monthly business activity statement.
EOFY is almost here!
The end of the financial year is right around the corner. Time to get all your business ducks in order. Now all we can think about is ducks running their own businesses. Ducks mean business.
- Lodge 2020 Fringe benefits tax annual return for tax agents if lodging electronically. Payment (if required) is due 28 May.
EOFY is here!
We're done with the first half of 2020! What's your plan for the second half? Is your business growing and getting more successful? We hope so!
- Super guarantee contributions must be paid by this date to qualify for a tax deduction in the 2019–20 financial year.
We're here to help with tax time
Whatever your business needs to do to, we can help make sure you get it right
Discover what our users are talking about with our active community forum. This is the place to not only find answers but also share your ideas.Get involved
Chat to an EOFY expert
Something more specific you need a hand with? Speak to one of our EOFY experts during our live chat times.
JobKeeper passes Parliament, businesses urged to apply with care
By Patrick Stafford
The Government’s $130 billion JobKeeper passed both houses of Parliament and is awaiting royal assent, but business owners are being urged to take care in how they proceed.
Lessons from the GFC: Strategies for weathering the COVID-19 crisis
By MYOB Team
In this article we look at what businesses did to get through the GFC of 07-08 and how they can apply to your business during COVID-19.