Privacy Awareness Week 2016
Once again, MYOB is proud to be a Privacy Awareness Week (PAW) partner.
This year’s PAW theme, Privacy in your hands, reinforces how important it is for organisations and individuals to maintain a good understanding of their rights and responsibilities when it comes to the sharing and handling of personal information.
Of course, we’re not the only organisation that collects personal information. Here are some tips from the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner to help you keep your personal information safe:
- inform yourself on how to protect your privacy and identity;
- read privacy policies and collection notices, and don’t give out personal information unless you’re comfortable with the contents;
- know the consequences of what you do and say online – your digital identity is forever;
- don’t rely on default privacy controls when it comes to social media and other online profiles;
- use strong passwords for everything and don’t share your passwords with anyone;
- clear your cookie and browser history regularly; and
- be aware of your mobile security, lock your phone with a passcode.
More information on your privacy rights is available here.
You can also join the conversation by following #2016PAW on Twitter.