For interstate attendees of this year’s Partner Connect, there are opportunities beyond learning and networking available to the entire team (as well as the family).
Unlike previous years, this time around MYOB’s premier partner event is consolidated into a single, national smorgasbord of keynotes, seminars and socialising aimed at bringing together the entire Australian bookkeeping and accounting industry.
Scheduled to run for two days (20 and 21 September) and hosted by Melbourne’s Hisense Arena, MYOB Partner Connect 2018 attendees will enjoy an action-packed lead up to the weekend situated right in the heart of the city’s sporting precinct.
All work and no play is no way to conference
Whether you plan on attending solo, with your team or making it an excuse to get the whole family out of town, there’s no shortage of things to do when you’re not doing the rounds at the conference.
Better yet, being held in September means Spring in Melbourne is in full swing during Partner Connect. And that means Melbourne Spring Racing Carnival, the Royal Melbourne Show, and a plethora of arts and entertainment options besides.
And that’s before you consider the host of world-class cafés, restaurants and bars – all at your fingertips.
Have we whet your appetite yet? If not, here’s a cursory glance at some of the ways you can spend your time in Melbourne during that period:
- Melbourne Fringe Festival – featuring more than 400 events, 6,000 artists across 160 venues, MFF practically sells itself as a reason to visit (13-30 September)
- MoMA at the National Gallery of Victoria: 130 Years of Modern and Contemporary Art – an exhibition that promises to be a must-see for lovers of art (ongoing)
- For Country, For Nation: Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders in WWI – just one of the exhibitions at the Melbourne Museum, this one offers unique insight into the Great War from the perspective of our Indigenous peoples (ongoing)
- Royal Melbourne Show opens – the historic agricultural event is very much a family affair, with more rides and showbags than you can throw an overstimulated kid at (22 September)
- AFL Grand Final Week begins – Sunday sees a number of Grand Finals played at Etihad Stadium, including the TAC Cup, VFL and VFL Women’s premierships (23 September)
Of course, this is only a small sample of the massive array of sightseeing and activities that can be done in Melbourne in mid- to late-September, so there’s no excuses for treating Partner Connect 2018 as just another ‘fly-in, fly-out’ business event.
Partner Connect is back bigger and better this year, with world-class speakers, thought leaders and Australia’s best and brightest coming together at Melbourne’s Hisense Arena on 20 and 21 September for two days of inspiration and celebration.