MYOB Certified Consultants need to demonstrate they have the skills and work experience necessary to meet the needs of our clients.
To be eligible for membership of the MYOB Certified Consultants program, you will need to meet the following criteria:
Industry Qualification - Must be associated with #1 of the following industry bodies*:
- BAS Agent
- Member of ICB
- Tax Agent
*New Certified Consultants only
MYOB Criteria - Must have completed 100% of the following*:
- Must join the new Partner Program. If you're not a partner yet, click here
- Complete Product Training - Essentials and AccountRight (within a 12 month time frame)
- Complete Dashboard set up (per practice)
- Working / linked with >10 files on your Partner Dashboard (per practice)
- AccountRight and Essentials solutions clients on Dashboard
- Set up bank rules via Dashboard for a minimum 1 ARL and ES file
- Must have +1 client on AccountRight and +1 client on Essentials
- Attend at least one MYOB event per year to maintain certification - INCITE or PC (Metro clients must attend face-to-face, Regional client are able to attend online.)
*New Certified Consultants only
Preferred but not essential:
- A thorough understanding of the Apple Macintosh and/or Microsoft Windows operating systems, including file management, backup, restoring and email and internet usage.
- Knowledge of other applications used with MYOB software, such as Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word, would also be an advantage.
Please note: MYOB does not provide any specific courses to
train individuals to become an MYOB Certified Consultant. We require
you to demonstrate the skills and experience working with MYOB
business management software and other business applications outlined
Our training department runs courses that may assist in your product knowledge enhancement. Please chat with your Partner Manager to discover more.
Application process and costs
Candidates for the Certified Consultant program must demonstrate a
detailed understanding of MYOB and the industry. Through this program,
we are upskilling our partners to become industry leaders so your
knowledge and expertise will be outstanding to give your clients the
best support available.
Once you are eligible, you will receive official communication from MYOB. Also, you can check in with your Partner Manager to gain further criteria support and see how you are tracking.
If successful in meeting the above criteria, you will be emailed the MYOB Certified Consultant Induction Course.
Please note: You must complete the induction online course to become a Certified Consultant.
The exam will cover the following topics:
- Consulting the MYOB way
- Advanced MYOB Business management software hints, tips and skills
- Overview of MYOB's products and services
- Partner specific communication tools
- Partner Relationship Induction
- Marketing your business
You must pass an online assessment. Please note, you are required to get 80% or above within this exam.
If you are unsuccessful in passing the exam you can reapply to re-sit the exam during the same intake. Alternatively, you may also take the option of attempting the assessment at a later intake.
To register, call the Partner team on 08
Your ongoing commitment
Membership renewal assessment & payment is necessary to retain your qualification in your professional field and continue to provide a high level of service to your clients, whilst staying connected with Australia’s number one business management software range – MYOB.
All MYOB Certified Consultant memberships are ongoing, with an initial 12 month commitment that involves:
- An ongoing monthly subscription fee. Enjoy a reduced ongoing subscription fee when your practice is 100% online and there are no desktop files associated to your account.
meeting the recertification principles on an annual basis to remain
- Must remain part of the new Partner Program.
- Attend at least one MYOB event per year to maintain certification - INCITE or Partner Connect. (Metro clients must attend face-to-face within a 100km radius, regional clients are able to attend online).
Certified Consultant status:
- After induction, you'll be required to earn 5 credits per quarter (20 credits per year) to maintain certification
- Completing MYOB or externally produced modules
- Credits are earned by completing core MYOB modules and some optional electives including content from external providers.
- Modules are a mix of core MYOB content, including product and feature updates and elective content from external providers. This content is in different formats and Certified Consultants can choose the electives that best fit their business needs.