Recertifying and new MYOB Certified Consultants need to demonstrate they have the skills and work experience necessary to meet the needs of our clients.
To be eligible for membership of the MYOB Certified Consultants program, you will need to meet the following criteria:
Step 1: Industry Qualifications
Must be associated with at least one of the following bodies:
- Tax Agent
- Industry Training Organisation (ITO)
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Chartered Accountant (CA)
Step 2: Join the MYOB Partner Program
The MYOB Partner Program is an initiative that rewards your skill, expertise and efforts in delivering success to your clients.
To become a MYOB Certified Consultant, you must join the new MYOB
Partner Program. To apply, click here.
Step 3: Training
Get ahead with exclusive Partner training that will give you the tools you need with MYOB Essentials & AccountRight. Enroll here to get started by using your my.myob details to checkout and the course links will be emailed to you within 24 business hours. Make sure you finish the course within a month of starting and get the most out of your software!
MYOB does not provide any specific courses to train
individuals to become an MYOB Certified Consultant. We require you to
demonstrate the skills and experience working with MYOB business
management software and other business applications outlined above.
Our training department runs courses that may assist in your product
knowledge enhancement. Please chat with your Partner Manager to
Step 4: Setup your partner dashboard
- Complete Dashboard set up (per practice)
- Working / linked with >10 files on your Partner Dashboard (per practice)
- AccountRight and Essentials clients on Dashboard
- Set up bank rules via Dashboard for a minimum 1 AccountRight Live and Essentials file
- Must have +1 client on AccountRight and +1 client on Essentials
Step 5: Preferred but not essential
- A thorough understanding of the Apple Macintosh and/or Microsoft Windows operating systems, including file management, backup, restoring and email and internet usage.
- Knowledge of other applications used with MYOB software, such as Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word, would also be an advantage.
Step 6: Induction Course
If successful in meeting the above criteria, you will be emailed the MYOB Certified Consultant Induction Course for a one-off payment of $400.00 (exc GST).
Please note: You must complete the induction online course to become a Certified Consultant.
The exam will cover the following topics:
- Consulting the MYOB way
- Advanced MYOB Business management software hints, tips & skills
- Overview of MYOB's products and services
- Partner specific communication tools
- Partner Relationship Induction
- Marketing your business
You must pass an online assessment. Please note, you are required to get 80% or above within this exam.
If you are unsuccessful in passing the exam you can reapply to re-sit the exam during the same intake. Alternatively, you can take the option of attempting the assessment at a later intake.
To register, call the Partner team on 08 0069 6227
After successfully passing your Induction Assessment, MYOB will send you the tools and resources you need.
So we can maintain a superior level of support, bespoke offers and
various marketing and business tools, there’s an ongoing monthly
subscription fee of $23.75 (inc GST) when you move your business 100%
online. If you remain offline, the standard $68.50 (inc GST) per month
fee will continue.
These are the requirements for exisiting Certified Consultants who are re-certifying.
Step 1: Registration
Membership renewal assessment & payment is necessary to retain your qualification in your professional field and continue to provide a high level of service to your clients, whilst staying connected with Australia’s number one business management software range – MYOB.
All MYOB Certified Consultant memberships are ongoing, with an initial 12 month commitment that involves:
- Enjoy the reduced monthly subscription fee of $23.75 (exc GST)
when you move your business 100% online. If you remain offline, the
standard $124.95 (exc GST) per month fee will continue.
- Successfully meeting the recertification principles on an annual
basis to remain certified.
- Must remain part of the new Partner Program.
- Attend at least one MYOB event per year to maintain certification - INCITE or Partner Connect. (Metro clients must attend face-to-face within a 100km radius, regional clients are able to attend online).
Step 2: Continual Development
Certified Consultant status:
- Each year you will be expected to revisit this course and accumulate 20 credits per calendar year (we advise obtaining 5 credits per quarter).
- Completing MYOB or externally produced modules
- Credits are earned by completing core MYOB modules and some optional electives including content from external providers.
- Modules are a mix of core MYOB content, including product and feature updates and elective content from external providers. This content is in different formats and Certified Consultants can choose the electives that best fit their business needs.