The MYOB Story
When MYOB NZ started out in 1992 from a home office in Auckland we had one big idea - to create affordable tools that made business life easier.
We're big now, but our focus on supporting businesses (big and small) remains the same:
- We know it takes guts to start and run a business.
- Your work’s important but so is life.
- That’s why we focus on making business life easier, leaving you to do what you do best.
Love your work
We've helped many New Zealand businesses over the years, via our 50+ products and services as well as our extensive, committed network of business mentors and accountants.
MYOB is proud to be a leading provider of business management solutions in New Zealand and Australia and we recognise that one size doesn’t fit all. So, we offer products ranging from a simple bank feeds service, MYOB Banklink, to our cloud accounting product suites, MYOB Essentials and MYOB AccountRight, through to enterprise software for more complex businesses, MYOB Exo Business.
Did you know ...
- MYOB helps approximately 1.2 million businesses and over 40,000 accountants and other professional partners across New Zealand and Australia
- Approximately three in four New Zealand businesses use accounting software, and of these around 60% use MYOB
- Each year, around 2 million electronic tax returns are submitted via an MYOB solution to the Inland Revenue – 80% of all returns
- MYOB has helped well over 10,000 New Zealand businesses build a website in less than 15 minutes
- Today, MYOB invests over $40 million in R&D each year
You’re in good company.
You drive our world
Whether you’re flying solo or you have a team of 10, 100 or more, we can help simplify your accounting, payroll, retail point of sale, CRM, job management, professional tax solutions, websites and more.
Your feedback helps us build even better products
You don’t have to be big to have a big voice about our products and services. We’re always listening. With your input, we build better products. If you have an idea please visit our Community Forum to let us know.
Where we began: one small business with one big idea.
Our very first product was revolutionary. No one had ever made accounting so easy for non-accountants. We were the first to successfully use Windows to achieve this. The launch of the original MYOB product helped start-ups and small businesses to:
- Be more productive
- Be more competitive
- Save time and money
Now, MYOB has grown into a large company that offers a wide range of desktop and cloud-based business management solutions, from the simple to the feature-rich.
We might be bigger but we remember our origins. We remember what it’s like to work around the clock to build your business and develop your team. We know where you’re coming from.
Awarded Australian Business of the Year
When MYOB took home the Telstra Australian Business of the Year Award in 1996, we realised we were onto something big. Our affordable, friendly solutions were definitely making a difference to the lives of business owners everywhere.
They still are – we now help approximately 1.2 million business owners across Australia and New Zealand. MYOB has made a clear choice to concentrate on our home turf. International expansion isn’t on our priority list. You are.
We're proud of our journey, of our major milestones along the way. And we couldn't have done it without our clients and our partners.
Discover more milestones:
- 2013: We were listed on the annual BRW Most Innovative Companies list
- 2013: We united with BankLink to offer an even wider range of range of cloud accounting solutions, to accountants and their clients, powered by the most accurate and secure bank feeds system in the market
- 2012: We became a finalist in the Kenexa ‘Best Workplaces’ survey in the medium and large workplace category
- 2010: The pace of innovation picked up in our development of cloud-enabled business management solutions (read more about this below)
- 2010: We helped tens of thousands of NZ businesses manage the impacts of significant GST and payroll changes
- 2008: We won the large business category and overall award at the Vero Excellence in Business Support Awards
- 2006: We expanded to offer a range of payroll and HR solutions for small to medium businesses
- 2005: Our offering expanded to include enterprise solutions – business management products for larger, more complex businesses (often with 20-200 employees)
- 2004: For the 10th year in a row we won NZ PCWorld magazine’s reader’s choice award for accounting software
- 1999: We became the market leader for businesses and accountants in New Zealand
- 1999: We expanded to include specialist accountant solutions – complete management solutions for accounting practices
- 1994: Our professional partner program launched – accountants, approved partners and developers, all to support business owners
- 1992: We launched from an Auckland home office with a breakthrough, easy-to-use accounting product for non-accountants
Over the past few years we've been developing and enhancing a suite of cloud solutions. We can now help you manage your business anywhere, anytime – building smarter connections with your networks while working on and storing your business data securely in the cloud.
MYOB invests more than NZ$40 million annually in research and development so we can find better ways to help you do business. Here are some of our most recent innovations:
MYOB Essentials Accounting –
This simple online accounting solution for start-ups and small
businesses enables you to manage your accounts while automatically
and securely linking your bank transactions, all from less than $1
GetOnline.co.nz – This
free-for-the-first-year initiative from Westpac and MYOB helps New
Zealand businesses build a website with e-commerce capabilities,
using MYOB Atlas, and get a .co.nz domain in 15 minutes.
AccountEdge Mobile for iPhone/iPad – This dedicated
AccountEdge app enables clients with an iPhone or iPad to manage
your business anywhere, any time.
AccountRight – This feature-rich online accounting solution
enables you, you team and your advisors to work on your business
data online and offline, all at the same time.
- MYOB BankLink bank feeds – Our cloud accounting solutions are powered by BankLink bank feeds, which are renowned for being secure, reliable and accurate.
We collaborate with trusted businesses to deliver smarter products and services that make business life easier for you
- We're a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner - We work with Microsoft to ensure our products operate effectively with their solutions. .
- Joining forces with Westpac: Ready for Business- We work with Westpac to provide Australian businesses with a digital toolkit that includes a website and a .com.au domain name that's free for 3 months.
- PayPal helps us help businesses sell online - We’ve partnered with PayPal to help you build an effective e-commerce website at no cost.