The MYOB Story
We're proud of our journey, of our major milestones along the way. And we couldn't have done it without our clients and our partners.
Discover more milestones:
- 2013: We were listed on the annual BRW Most Innovative Companies list
- 2013: We united with BankLink to offer an even wider range of range of cloud accounting solutions, to accountants and their clients, powered by the most accurate and secure bank feeds system in the market
- 2012: We became a finalist in the Kenexa ‘Best Workplaces’ survey in the medium and large workplace category
- 2010: The pace of innovation picked up in our development of cloud-enabled business management solutions (read more about this below)
- 2010: We helped tens of thousands of NZ businesses manage the impacts of significant GST and payroll changes
- 2008: We won the large business category and overall award at the Vero Excellence in Business Support Awards
- 2006: We expanded to offer a range of payroll and HR solutions for small to medium businesses
- 2005: Our offering expanded to include enterprise solutions – business management products for larger, more complex businesses (often with 20-200 employees)
- 2004: For the 10th year in a row we won NZ PCWorld magazine’s reader’s choice award for accounting software
- 1999: We became the market leader for businesses and accountants in New Zealand
- 1999: We expanded to include specialist accountant solutions – complete management solutions for accounting practices
- 1994: Our professional partner program launched – accountants, approved partners and developers, all to support business owners
- 1992: We launched from an Auckland home office with a breakthrough, easy-to-use accounting product for non-accountants
Over the past few years we've been developing and enhancing a suite of cloud solutions. We can now help you manage your business anywhere, anytime – building smarter connections with your networks while working on and storing your business data securely in the cloud.
MYOB invests more than NZ$40 million annually in research and development so we can find better ways to help you do business. Here are some of our most recent innovations:
MYOB Essentials Accounting –
This simple online accounting solution for start-ups and small
businesses enables you to manage your accounts while automatically
and securely linking your bank transactions, all from less than $1
GetOnline.co.nz – This
free-for-the-first-year initiative from Westpac and MYOB helps New
Zealand businesses build a website with e-commerce capabilities,
using MYOB Atlas, and get a .co.nz domain in 15 minutes.
AccountEdge Mobile for iPhone/iPad – This dedicated
AccountEdge app enables clients with an iPhone or iPad to manage
your business anywhere, any time.
AccountRight – This feature-rich online accounting solution
enables you, you team and your advisors to work on your business
data online and offline, all at the same time.
- MYOB BankLink bank feeds – Our cloud accounting solutions are powered by BankLink bank feeds, which are renowned for being secure, reliable and accurate.
We collaborate with trusted businesses to deliver smarter products and services that make business life easier for you
- We're a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner - We work with Microsoft to ensure our products operate effectively with their solutions. .
- Joining forces with Westpac: Ready for Business- We work with Westpac to provide Australian businesses with a digital toolkit that includes a website and a .com.au domain name that's free for 3 months.
- PayPal helps us help businesses sell online - We’ve partnered with PayPal to help you build an effective e-commerce website at no cost.