- What is MYOB EFTPOS?
- How is MYOB EFTPOS different to other EFTPOS terminals?
- Why would I choose MYOB EFTPOS over another EFTPOS terminal?
- Is there any information about what type of network settings I require?
- Which Internet Service Provider (ISP) do I need to be with in order to use MYOB EFTPOS?
- Which MYOB software do I need to have to be able to use MYOB EFTPOS?
- What is the difference between ‘integrated’ and ‘standalone’ mode?
- What MYOB software can be used with MYOB EFTPOS in ‘integrated’ mode?
- What MYOB software can be used with MYOB EFTPOS in ‘standalone’ mode?
- I do not currently use MYOB software at all, can I still use MYOB EFTPOS?
- What are the dimensions of the MYOB EFTPOS – Desktop terminal?
- Will I need to set up a new bank account to use MYOB EFTPOS?
- How will I be charged for using MYOB EFTPOS?
- How do I apply for MYOB EFTPOS?
- What happens once I have submitted an application
- Who do I contact for technical support or customer service?
- What happens if I have technical issues with the MYOB EFTPOS terminal that the MYOB Technical Support Team is unable to resolve over the phone?
How long has MYOB EFTPOS been around?
MYOB EFTPOS is a payment service that allows your business to accept
EFTPOS and credit card payments from your customers. We’ve partnered
with TYRO Payments to provide this service to you.
MYOB EFTPOS operates over a broadband internet connection. Instead
of using a telephone line like most conventional EFTPOS terminals,
MYOB EFTPOS simply plugs into a spare Ethernet (network) port.
There are a number of reasons. Please visit
Providing you have an active broadband internet connect, there are
no specific requirements about which ISP you use.
MYOB EFTPOS can be used with MYOB
RetailManager v11 and above in ‘integrated’ mode. If you do not
use RetailManager v11 and above, you can still use MYOB EFTPOS in
Integrated mode means that when you process a transaction in MYOB
RetailManager v11 and above, the total amount of the transaction is
automatically sent to the MYOB EFTPOS terminal.
This means you do not have to re-key the total into the EFTPOS terminal. When the transaction is approved on the EFTPOS terminal, it is also approved and finalised in RetailManager
automatically. It also means that if you have a docket or receipt printer, you can print both the EFTPOS merchant receipt and your tax invoice on one receipt.
Standalone mode means that when you process a transaction in any
MYOB software other than RetailManager, you must manually enter the
total amount of the transaction into the MYOB EFTPOS terminal. When
the transaction is approved on the EFTPOS terminal, you must manually
record or finalise the transaction in your MYOB software. The EFTPOS
merchant receipt will print via the MYOB EFTPOS terminal and your tax
invoice will print separately on your default printer.
MYOB RetailManager v11 and above
No. MYOB EFTPOS is only available to existing MYOB clients
Height 13.5cm, Width 13cm, Length 19cm
No. MYOB EFTPOS will simply deposit any funds collected directly
into your existing bank account. All funds are paid on a gross basis
the next banking day (approx).
You will be charged directly by TYRO Payments. On the first banking
day of each month the total Merchant Service Fees and terminal rental
relating to the preceding month will be debited from your nominated
You can complete the MYOB
EFTPOS application form (PDF 1.3 MB) or call the MYOB Customer
Service Team on 1300 555 111 for assistance with your
Once you’ve sent the form to MYOB, we’ll send you email notification that we’ve submitted your application to TYRO Payments for approval. Please allow up to two (2) working days to receive email notification from MYOB.
TYRO Payments will then assess the application and contact you directly if there is insufficient information, or to advise the final status of the application (e.g. whether it has been approved and what merchant service fee may apply).
Pending a successful application, you will receive the EFTPOS terminal within 7-10 business days of being approved and notified by TYRO Payments.
Once you receive your MYOB EFTPOS terminal, we’ll give you a telephone number to contact us for technical support and customer service. You can access this support during the following times:
Monday to Friday 5:00am – 11:00pm (AEDST)
Weekends 9:00am – 5:00pm (AEDST)
At all other times our on-call support staff will respond.
The MYOB EFTPOS terminal comes pre-installed with operational software. If you do experience a technical issue, it’s likely to be software related. Because your MYOB EFTPOS terminal is connected to the internet we can download a new version of the software to your terminal if required. The download takes about 90 seconds after which the terminal reboots to recover.
If a faulty terminal can’t be repaired by downloading new software
it will be replaced by TYRO. TYRO will ship you a new device at no
cost via express courier.
In most instances, the terminal will be arrive on the next business
day in metropolitan areas and within two business days in regional
For more information on our return policy visit our technical
MYOB EFTPOS was launched in May 2010.