MYOB Certified Consultants need to demonstrate they have the skills and work experience necessary to meet the needs of our clients.
To be eligible for membership of the MYOB Certified Consultants program, you will need to meet the following criteria:
- A high level of proficiency using MYOB software, including payroll, time billing and inventory management.
- Practical experience installing and supporting MYOB software.
- A thorough working knowledge of bookkeeping and/or accounting to assist users in structuring and customising MYOB software.
- A thorough understanding of the Apple Macintosh and/or Microsoft Windows operating systems, including file management, backup, restoring and email and internet usage.
- Knowledge of other applications used with MYOB software, such as Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word, would also be an advantage.
Please note: MYOB does not provide any specific courses to train individuals to become an MYOB Certified Consultant. We require you to demonstrate the skills and experience working with MYOB business management software and other business applications outlined above.
Our training department does run courses that may assist in your product knowledge enhancement. Visit our Training pages for more information.
Application process and costs
Become an MYOB Certified Consultant in three easy steps:
Complete Entrance Assessment
You must pass an online assessment. The assessment is generally available over a two week period and is an open book multiple choice questionnaire covering four modules of MYOB AccountRight and MYOB Essentials; Modules include questions on Payroll, New Features, General and MYOB Essentials. Please note, you are required to get 80 perfect correct in each of the four modules. The cost for the online assessment is $150 (inc GST).
Dates to register and complete the online assessment for 2017 are currently to be confirmed.
To register, call the Partner team on 1300 555 117 or book online
If you are unsuccessful in passing the entrance exam you are able to reapply to resit the exam during the same intake. Alternatively, you may also take the option of attempting the assessment at a later intake.
If successful with the Entrance Assessment, you will be invited to attend a two day MYOB Certified Consultant Induction Course. This course will be held in Perth, Adelaide, Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne.
If you are located in a regional area and may have to travel more than 100km to the closest capital centre, then please call your Account Manager or the Partner Team on 1300 555 117 to discuss a possible discount.
This comprehensive two day course covers the following topics:
- Consulting the MYOB way
- Advanced MYOB Business management software hints, tips and skills
- Overview of MYOB's products and services
- Partner specific communication tools
- Partner Relationship Induction
- Marketing your business
Attend an Induction Course:
If successful in the online entrance assessment, you will be invited to attend a two-day MYOB Certified Consultant Induction Course.
Please note: You must attend the induction course to become a Certified Consultant.
|QLD||Brisbane – Training
Choice Brisbane |
Mezzanine Level, 88 Creek Street, Brisbane QLD 4000
|NSW||Sydney – Training
Choice Sydney |
Level 3, 5 Elizabeth Street, Sydney, NSW 2000
|WA||Perth – Training Choice
Level 2, 220 St. Georges Terrace, Perth WA 6000
|VIC||Melbourne – Training
50 Queen Street, Melbourne VIC 3000
|SA||Adelaide – The
International Visualisation Centre |
19 Young Street, Adelaide SA 500
* Please note: locations may be subject to change.
Regional Partner Applicants
Please Note: If you are located in a regional area and may have to travel more than 100km to the closest capital centre, then please call your Account Manager or the Partner Team on 1300 555 117 to discuss a possible discount.
If you have any questions or would like to speak to somebody, contact our Partner Team on 1300 555 117.
Take up membership
Upon completion of your induction, you can start practicing as an MYOB Certified Consultant and put yourself out in front. Shortly after successfully passing your Entrance Assessment and attending the Induction Course, MYOB will send you the tools and resources you need.
For further information, please call 1300 555 117 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your Ongoing Commitment
Membership renewal assessment & payment is necessary retain your qualification in your professional field and continue to provide a high level of service to your clients, whilst staying connected with Australia’s number one business management software range – MYOB.
All MYOB Certified Consultant memberships are ongoing, with an initial 12 month commitment that involves:
- Ongoing subscription fee - recurring monthly payments of $124.33 (incl. GST)*
- Successfully completing a renewal assessment in November to remain certified.
* The membership fee is subject to change after the first 12 months of membership without notice.